Click on the link below to obtain a printable version of the current consolidated roster.
Duties for those on the Roster.
Church Council Leaders (Prayer Leader):
- Meet & greet Minister/Lay Person and those attending worship. Find out names of visitors and swallows (those who come to their holiday home).
- Prepare Notices – remember to highlight ongoing Appeals, upcoming events etc.
- Prepare and read Prayers of the People (Book to help or use in Foyer cupboard (under offering bowls).
- Carry Bible in and out (on way out have Bible facing out to the World) The person on duty to move down to the front of the church at the end of the last hymn and be up front when the benediction is said, then process out whilst the three fold Amen or Extroit is being sung.
- Organise drink (Tea/coffee/water) for Minister/Lay Person
- At end of morning and with help of Door Duty people – make sure all lights are off, heating/cooling is off, Kid’s Corner is cleared away and church is closed up before leaving.
- Light & extinguish Christ Candle. Lighting the candle before people start entering the Church and not be extinguished until all are out of the Church after the service.
Door Duty Person
- In cool weather – turn on overhead reverse cycle (most efficient) in foyer (control found on wall near RHS foyer door) and in the church (near vestry door).
- In hot weather – turn on overhead reverse cycle (most efficient) in foyer (control found on wall near RHS foyer door).
- Fans – turn fans on in hot weather to stir air (dials found on RH wall near RHS door in foyer).
- Lights – turn lights on/off (switch found on RH wall near side door in foyer).
- Children’s corner – items found in foyer cupboard (boards in box, sheets of printed paper in box, textas in basket, reading material in box and also put out some plain paper). Often children prefer to stay in the church and items can be put on the table in the church when children turn up.
- Meet and greet people as they enter (one meet & greet and the other hand out newsletter etc). Tell Church Council Leader – names of visitors and where they are from.
- At end of service – go through Church and take out left paperwork (newsletters etc).
- Make sure all lights are off, Kid’s Corner is cleared away and church is closed up before leaving. Also check that heating/cooling is turned off.
- Those on furniture moving duty need to move furniture for Sunday after cleaners have been in (normally come early Friday afternoon), so can move either Friday or Saturday, floor plan is on Audio visual cupboard. After church on Sunday move furniture back for Coffee & Kids.
- Those on the Flower Roster – June Angus & Ros Long have offered flowers and foliage from their gardens. Refer to Church Directory for their details.
Please keep this sheet for future reference
Updated – 21/06/2023